BITE Mission Statement
BITE supports young people attending school in Ballymun to progress to Third Level education.
BITE a registered charity was established in 1989 to increase the number of young people from Ballymun schools going to Third Level Education.
- Ambition – we inspire high student motivation, focus, effort and commitment towards fulfilling their academic potential and achieving their educational aspirations.
- Collaboration – strong, mutually-beneficial partnerships as we engage with young people, their families, education providers /practitioners and community groups.
- Engagement– our actions will make a meaningful difference to the lives of young people and their families.
- Integrity –we operate under the principles of openness, transparency, equality, justice and diversity.
- We support academic achievement.
- We provide advice on pathways into third level education.
- We support students in their transition to third level education.
- We promote our programme aim and activities.
- We collaborate with local community groups and education providers.
- We fundraise to deliver and expand our supports.
Here you can see and hear the views of some of our scholarship Students on BITE and what benefits they experience from participation in BITE programme activities and Study Clubs